Do you remember that game show called “The Dating Game?” The way I remember it was that questions were asked and based on the answers, the woman would choose between the three contestants and have a date with the one she chose. It got me thinking about what questions I would ask:
1. Can you be faithful and true? Give an example of when you were faithful and true against all odds. (The English teacher in me cannot ask questions without asking for evidence in support of the answer.)
2. Do you love to have adventure and are you open to new kinds of adventure? Give examples of adventures you’ve had and those you might like to have.
3. Do you love and enjoy the outdoors: plains, mountains, oceans, riding horses and long tractor drives?
4. Will you do your best to help me remember my dreams and reach for them as I will you?
5. Do you promise to teach me all that you know, learn what I have to teach, and cherish who we are together even when I’m annoying or making you mad?
Answers may vary and change with time, but must be sincere.
Good luck getting answers you can rely on. Lines pop up just to win the dating game. “They do stumble who run too fast.”